Platform For Agents Of Change Program
Let us put away our differences and work together. Agents of change are any agencies, processes and individuals that are actively working with South Asian families to improve their living conditions. Considering the cultural sensitivity of the South Asian community, we must address the entire family unit. We must get organized to intervene, eliminate and prevent issues such as violence in South Asian families. Work on the causes (roots), not necessarily the results (fruit). Reacting and prosecuting costs are critical to everyone involved especially the victim.
The following are the proposed plans for effective and organized solutions formation:
- As women, it is our responsibility to support each other, teach our sons and men to treat us well, and train our daughters to be strong and independent. Men and our parents are key agents of change and we welcome them to support us.
- Our best allies are our men, children, parents and other women in our lives. Providing programming and awareness to bring them on board.
- Giving agents of change the platform to bring about change through mastermind collaboration, resource pooling and online service delivery. Creating South Asian fundraising efforts to create South Asian Family Centers.
- Counseling men, parents and children to assist them in becoming agents of change.
- Interactive cultural sensitivity training to the police, social workers and schools to handle situations.
- A training curriculum for teachers to train girls how to deal with such issues and boys to respect women; change starts with children such as Exploring Creating Healthy Boundaries Program
- Work with influential leaders in the community including politicians and religious leaders to advocate harmonious family life.
Please submit your profile, contact information, your content (written or videos) for the end user’s benefit.
Powered by Facebook Comments